Changes in mechanical properties may affect packaging performance. ERGANAL Labs provide Physical and Mechanical testing services to ensure that packaging properties remain intact. Testing can be provided in addition to other packaging testing services or individually.
- Identification of materials, coatings and raw materials by infrared spectroscopy (FTIR)
- Determination of glass transition, melting and crystallization temperatures of polymers
- Oxygen and moisture permeability
- Microwave Suitability-Microwave Safe Test Cooking test
Changes in mechanical properties could provoke alterations in packaging performance. Food Packaging can undergo mechanical testing both before and after stability studies in order to verify possible changes in mechanical properties throughout all stages of the food manufacture. To increase packaging safety we perform:
- Barrier tests to indicate the permeability of gases and evaluate the quality of packaged cosmetics.
- Tensile strength tests to determine the maximum load to be applied on a packaging material before its breakage or disintegration point.
- Resistance to packaging strain
- Delamination force
- Flexural strength
- Tear resistance
- Puncture resistance
- Sensory Analysis
- Freeze test